The COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly evolving and we are constantly reviewing how our Centre operates to serve our community. The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre (OCCRC) is essential for our community members, especially during times of crisis such as the one we are experiencing today.
All decisions were made with the best interest to preserve the health of our employees, volunteers, donors and members of the community. In order to continue to be present for our community, we had to modify our services.
As of March 16, please note that services considered non-essential for the OCCRC are closed to the public. Some changes are in collaboration with our partners. We will ask you to carefully read the changes listed below:
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre: the playgroups, baby groups and workshops are cancelled until further notice. However, a Family Resource Worker remains available to answer questions over the phone.
- Intake: please note that phone support and crisis intervention is only available by phone.
- Income Tax Clinics: the clinics are cancelled.
- Parenting in Ottawa: cancelled until further notice.
- Donor Appreciation Night: cancelled.
- Child and Youth Program: the March break camps are cancelled. The Child and Youth Counsellors remain available to children and youth through telephone. Youth space is cancelled until further notice.
- Food Bank: temporary modifying their operating model to hamper and appointments. It is necessarily to call before presenting yourself on the premises.
- Adult Social Group: cancelled until further notice. A weekly phone support will be provided.
- Collective Kitchen: cancelled until further notice.
- Employment Ontario: cancelled until beginning of April.
We are monitoring this situation very closely to ensure that essential services for our community is functioning properly. The Centre will publish updates on an ongoing basis to keep you informed of the developments of the situation and the services that will be impacted by this crisis.
We are encouraging the public to regularly check the Ottawa Public Health website to follow best practices for virus prevention.
For those interested in donating to the Centre, we encourage you to do so online via www.crcoc.ca. Click “Please Donate Cash Instead of Food” on our main page and you will be able to donate to our Centre.