Bringing a gender lens to Ottawa’s housing crisis
- Hear how the housing crisis is putting women and their families at risk.
- Learn why community organizations are asking Council to approve $12 M for affordable housing in the 2019 City Budget.
- Have an opportunity to express your opinions on why housing matters
- Learn ways to make your views known to City Council
- Mercy Lawluvi, Immigrant Women Services Ottawa
- Keri Lewis, Nelson House
- and more….
- Councillor Catherine McKenney, Housing and Homelessness Liaison
- Councillor Theresa Kavanah, Women and Gender Equity Liaison
Organized by women, all are welcome.
Refreshments will be served.
Reimbursement Expenses: We have limited funds for those who need childcare or bus vouchers in order to participate.
Co- Sponsored by: City for All Women Initiative, The Well, Immigrant Women Services Ottawa, Cornerstone Housing for Women, Harmony House, Interval House, Gignul Non-Profit Housing, Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women.
With funds from Status of Women Canada and CUPE National.