Based on the circumstances due to the pandemic, we ask you not to visit our premises. If you are required to access our services, please call our office at (613) 830-4357.
Thank you for understanding
Program available for children and youth from Grades 2 to 12
• Counselling, groups, workshops and recreational activities
• Workshops included: SELFY JR, SELFY, SELFY+ and Healthy Transitions available upon request
• Various topics can be discussed, such as mental health, self-esteem, bullying, diversity and positive body image.
This program offers great opportunities for children and youth to:
- Receive support for their social and emotional well-being
- Share experiences and explore challenges in life
- Feel comfortable to be themselves and to express their individuality
- Have their own private space to talk
- Receive support in their efforts to reach their full potential
- Meet other young people from their community
- Get involved in the community
For more information:
The SAFE approach and the SEL vision are integrated in all programs and activities that we offer.
- S (Sequenced): Integrate connected and coordinated set of activities for a step-by-step learning process;
- A (Active): Include active forms of learning to help youth practice and master new skills and attitudes;
- F (Focused): Include at least one component dedicated to personal and social skills improvement;
- E (Explicit): Targets specific SEL skills.
SEL (Social and Emotional Learning)
- “…the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.” (CASEL, 2017)
- Five core competencies: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making