The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, a non-profit bilingual organization offering community services to meet the needs of the residents of Orléans-Cumberland and surrounding areas, is seeking a:
EarlyON Child and Family Centre
Family Resource Worker – Assistant (BILINGUAL)
Temporary 14 hours/week position – 17-week contract
(October 12 to February 5, 2021)
EarlyON centres offer free, high-quality drop-in programs for families and children from birth to 6 years old. A wide range of services and resources allowing families and childcare providers to:
- join fun activities such as: playgroups, reading, storytelling, sing-alongs, and games
- get advice from professionals trained in early childhood development
- find out about other family services in the community
- connect with other families with young children
The Family Resource Worker – Assistant is part of a multidisciplinary team that coordinates the delivery of programs and services to meet the needs of the Orléans-Cumberland community. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, he or she will coordinate, plan, and deliver high quality services outlined by the EarlyON Child and Family Centre guidelines for children from birth to 6 years and their families / caregivers.
The Family Resource Worker – Assistant’s responsibility is to support the needs of parents/ caregivers and their children from birth to age 6 by providing the above-mentioned services. Parent/child drop-ins are delivered at our main site in Orléans as well as in other satellite locations and virtually.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old
- Must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Projection Act
- Experience working with young children (birth to 6), parents and caregivers
- Knowledge of early childhood development and parenting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of community resources
- Sensitivity to people of various cultures, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office
- Access to a vehicle is considered an asset
- Oral and written fluency in English and French essential
- Additional language skills are considered an asset
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application in writing, including your resume, before 8:30 a.m. on Monday, September 21, 2020:
By mail: Selection Committee – Family Resource Worker Assistant
Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre
105-240 Centrum Boulevard
Orléans, Ontario K1E 3J4
Attention: Caroline Robillard
By fax: (613) 830-4196
The Orléans-Cumberland CRC respects the principle of employment equity and diversity.
We would like to thank all those who have submitted a job application in advance but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Depending on the COVID-19 re-opening progression, some adapted programming may be offered in person.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com