The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, a non-profit bilingual organization offering community services to meet the needs of the residents of Orléans-Cumberland and surrounding areas, is seeking a:
Child and Youth Program Assistant – 7 to 18 years old (BILINGUAL)
Temporary 14 hours / week position – 9-week contract
(October 12 to December 18, 2020)
The OCCRC’s Child and Youth Program facilitates the social and emotional learning and development of children and youth ages 7 to 18.
Reporting to the Child & Youth Program counsellors, the Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Child & Youth Program counsellors in planning, organizing, and facilitating virtual workshops, drop-ins and activities for children and youth as well as their families. The virtual programming includes recreational, social, and emotional learning activities.
- Support the Child & Youth Program counsellors by developing and leading virtual workshops, drop-ins and activities that engage children, youth and families in social and emotional learning;
- Develop, prepare and facilitate virtual programming customized for various groups (children, youth, parents);
- Develop, prepare and facilitate virtual recreational activities geared to 7 to 18 year old;
- Support children and youth through online/virtual programming;
- Help children and youth thrive;
- Act as a resource person for children, youth and families;
- Act as a positive role model for children, youth and families;
- Encourage children, youth and families to reach their goals;
- Coordinate group workshops, drop-ins and activities;
- Create a positive and supportive environment;
- Ensure the safety of children and youth;
- Identify the needs of children and youth and share information with the Child & Youth Program counsellors;
- Participate in the Child & Youth Program team meetings and debriefs;
- Promote the Child & Youth Program in addition to other programs and services available at the Centre;
- Administrative duties: participants’ attendance, statistics, data entry, evaluations, and reports through use of data base or other.
PARTICIPATION & TEAMWORK
- Promote and contribute to team effectiveness, cohesion and enthusiasm;
- Consult and share the vision, goals and objectives of the Centre;
- Work closely with the Child & Youth Program counsellors, colleagues, and program volunteers.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30;
- Fluency in French and English, oral and written;
- Must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Projection Act;
- Experiences working with children and youth (7 to 18 years) and families;
- Knowledge of children, youth and family’s issues;
- Knowledge of technology (virtual software, social media platforms and applications)
- Good knowledge of community resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Sensitivity to cultural and social diversity;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Sense of organization and initiative;
- Have an egalitarian and nonjudgmental philosophy (e.g.: gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, etc.);
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application in writing, including your resume, before 8:30 a.m. on Friday, September 18, 2020 to the following address:
By mail: Selection Committee – Child and Youth Program Assistant
Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre
105-240 Centrum Boulevard
Orléans, Ontario K1E 3J4
Attention: Chantal Pomerleau
By fax: 613-830-4196
The Orléans-Cumberland CRC respects the principle of employment equity and diversity.
We would like to thank all those who have submitted a job application in advance but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Depending on the COVID-19 re-opening progression, some adapted programming may be offered in person.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com