The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director and Managers. He or she also provides support in amending policies, replacing receptionist, taking minutes, organizing staff meeting, keeping track of equipment usage, building maintenance, alarm system, rentals of meeting room, etc.
- Replace receptionist for morning and afternoon breaks; and covers when ill or on vacation. Duties are:
- Answers all incoming calls and redirects them to appropriate employees and services;
- Provides general information about resources and services;
- Greets and welcomes clientele, volunteers and visitors;
- Receives calls or clients in emergency situations and provides immediate support until referred to proper services;
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and faxes;
- Keeps schedule of employees;
- Assist with donation data entries;
- Works one evening receptionist shift on Monday evenings from 4:30 to approximately 9:00 p.m.
- Prepares bank slips and deposits revenue at bank on a daily basis as money is received.
- Participates in briefing sessions with the Executive Director in order to give information and to receive instructions on a wide variety of issues. Information flow is a critical component of the position as decisions and directives must be channeled to staff.
- Assists management in assorted researches and helps formulate and submit proposals to various funding sources.
- Undertakes all tasks related to organizing Annual General Meeting (ex. Invitation, annual report, by-laws, newspaper ads, file the annual return under the “Corporations Act” as required, updates corporate records).
- Registers the staff to First Aid, CPR and AED training, and does follow-ups.
- Assists in the amendments of the Centre’s policies and procedures; also ensures that the policies and procedures binders are up-to-date and available to staff, and posts the policies on the electronic staff billboard.
- Prepares agendas and attends various staff meetings (ex: monthly CRC/Agencies staff meetings, discussion forums, etc.) and produces/distributes formal minutes.
- Completes administrative tasks regarding the annual staff retreat.
- Assists Manager of Finance and Administration with filing and invoice entries into Sage.
- Assists Manager of Finance and Administration with daily up keep of building, TYCO and IT requirements.
- Assists with translating documents from English to French or vice versa.
- Organizes and maintains an effective filing system (paper and electronic).
- Prepares and/or edits reports, documents (ex: organization charts, presentations, etc.) and correspondence for management and staff.
- And all other related duties as they may be requested.
- Participates to two outreach activities, in the community, every year Experience working with a multidisciplinary team
- Attends staff meetings and staff retreat.
- Attends internal committee meetings.
- Have an egalitarian philosophy and a nonjudgmental attitude (ex: gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Enable to work a flexible schedule
Academic and professional requirements
- Post-secondary degree in administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant.
- Highly competent in bilingual writing and communication skills;
- Strong ability to work well independently and great initiative.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good judgment and discretion with confidential information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Have a good knowledge of Windows environment, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of branding in the community non-profit sector
- Knowledge of WordPress and Canva would be an asset.
- Annual Range – $46,796 to $56,173
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter before
8:00 a.m. on September 16, 2019 to:
Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre
Attention: Suzanne Wert – Administrative Assistant Position
105-240 boul., Centrum Blvd.,
Orléans, Ontario K1E 3J4
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org