- This event has passed.
School Supplies Program
August 26, 2019 @ 13:00 - 16:00
One event on August 22, 2019 at 09:00
One event on August 22, 2019 at 13:00
One event on August 23, 2019 at 09:00
One event on August 23, 2019 at 13:00
One event on August 26, 2019 at 09:00
One event on August 26, 2019 at 13:00
Why a School Supplies Program?
Back to school may add significant financial pressures to an already tight budget, especially for low-income families
The School Supplies Program helps these families in the Orléans-Cumberland community with children and youth (from Kindergarten to Grade 12). They are provided with all kinds of school supplies.
Registration period: from June 4th to August 2nd, 2019
• Must be a resident of Orléans-Cumberland and a low-income family (See income chart) • Must provide the following documents to register:
• Proof of ID for all members to the family
• Proof of address and income for each adult in the household (18 years +) Registration will be done during food bank hours. Come in person. Please arrive an hour before closing times.
• Tuesday 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Friday: 9:00 to noon
The OCCRC needs your support so that it can continue to make the School Supplies Program a great success! Here is a number of suggestions for donations of supplies that are always in very high demand:
University-style backpacks with sturdy straps
Fabric pencil cases Lunch bags
Or the following items which are greatly appreciated as well:
USB flash drives
Donations of supplies as well as monetary donations can be dropped off at the OCCRC office Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The OCCRC thanks you for your support!